Purpose of the Post
We’re seeking an experienced and creative individual with a strong understanding and passion for engaging and developing audiences through innovative content and digital storytelling.
Working within our busy team, the Digital Content Manager will be responsible for advancing English National Ballet’s online presence and digital activity. The post-holder will produce video, photographic and blog content and manage distribution through our website, blog, social, email, SEM, digital advertising, onsite screens and other third party channels.
The role will also contribute to an organisation-wide content strategy, championing content production, consulting on best-practice and advising on emerging trends and platforms.
- Lead on the creation, commissioning and production of a compelling range of video, photography and blog content, ensuring that content reflects our brand and objectives.
- Devise and implement a regular calendar of content with an understanding of syndication across all online channels.
- Be responsible for the selection and day-to-day management of suppliers, ensuring content is delivered according to brief, schedule and within set budgets.
- Arrange archival filming of productions working, managing delivery, editing and asset management.
- Identify and clear rights on any available and appropriate photographic and video material for use on ballet.org.uk.
- Support on broadcast, film, streaming and content distribution initiatives working with external partners and agencies as necessary.
- Website and Microsites
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the English National Ballet website, ballet.org.uk and associated microsites.
- Setup and manage events, classes, workshops and merchandise for sale on our website through Blackbaud NetCommunity / Raiser’s Edge ensuring events are presented in a clear and compelling way that maximises sales.
- Act as site editor to ensure that all areas carry accurate information, have consistent style and tone and are search engine optimised.
- Manage the relationship with the company web development agencies and freelance suppliers.
Digital Campaign Planning
- Work with the Marketing Manager and PR Manager to develop digital campaigns, creating briefs and commission content.
- Arrange rehearsal and production photography to support marketing and PR campaigns, maintaining an accurate archive of images and permissions.
- Work closely with the engagement team to create compelling content that connects with young people and communities, providing a gateway into the world of ballet.
- Work with the development team on devising and delivering innovative content plans to for fundraising campaigns and facilitate sponsor/partner benefits online.
- Support the marketing team in delivering digital elements of individual marketing campaigns where appropriate.
- Support the creation of digital adverts, including pay per click, retargeting and social media advertising.
- Support any audience development initiatives online and offline, maximising promotion, syndication and data capture opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Head of Digital to refine and develop the social media strategy and policy.
- With the Marketing Manager and Marketing Officer, ensure that all channels are regularly updated and optimised to promote events, activities and news.
- Stay ahead of the curve in this area and work closely with the Head of Digital and Marketing Manager to develop creative approaches in the use of social media.
- Monitor and report on all social media activity, helping to develop KPIs for success in the use of these channels.
- Produce regular analytics reviews of digital content activity in line with agreed KPIs, identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide general administrative support as required.
Participate in the provision of the safe working environment adhering to the Company’s Health and Safety policies at all times.
Experience and Knowledge
The successful candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated and creative thinker with a strong track record engaging the widest possible audience through a regular programme of digital content initiatives.
An all-rounder with a strong track record leading content creation, you will live and breathe digital with a passion for spotting emerging trends combined with the experience to utilise them to achieve organisational objectives.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an ease picking up new technologies and the ability to act as an advocate for digital content within the organisation. You will also have the following essential and desirable skills:
- Signigficant experience working in a digital or digital marketing environment [in-house or agency]
- Demonstrable creative approach to developing, implementing and evaluating digital content including video, blogs and photographic content
- Extensive experience of sourcing and managing internal and external suppliers to deliver creative content in response to a brief
- Experience of self-shooting and editing using Adobe Premiere / Final Cut Pro or similar
- Demonstrable planning and project management skills with the ability to work across a range of projects and prioritise the workload accordingly
- Experience working with WordPress, Drupal or a similar open source publishing platform
- Experience of gaining maximum value from social media tools and online campaigns for an organisation or brand
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent attention to detail and copywriting/editing skills
- An understanding of rights issues pertaining to the arts and digital content
- Experience of managing budgets, with an understanding of how to achieve the best value within financial restrictions
- A strong passion for and interest in the arts, especially ballet and dance
- Familiarity with revenue generation on platforms such as YouTube
- Experience of managing and delivering live broadcast contributions from external suppliers
- Working knowledge of working with different broadcast, film and DSLR cameras
- Experience using design software such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesignSalary
£28,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
Hours of working
Normal office hours are 10am – 6pm Mon-Fri.
Evening and weekend work will occasionally be required for which no additional pay will be available.
Normal place of work
English National Ballet, Markova House, Jays Mews, London though additional working will be required away from the office by attending events and venues in London and the regions.
Other benefits and terms of employment will be available upon offer of employment.
How to apply
- For a full job description please our website via the button below.
- Closing date for applications is 10.00 am Monday 15th February 2016
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of the prospective employee and does not form part of the contract of employment. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and therefore does not preclude change or development that will inevitably be required in the future.