Four Corners are delighted to offer an internship opportunity provided by a bursary from Change London to help young disabled people in London, aged 16-30, to find and maintain employment, with a focus on strengthening links with and support to potential employers.
28 hours per week Tuesday – Friday
Reporting to: Administrative Manager
Salary £10.55 per hour
Please send a covering letter, along with your CV to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th March 2019 6.00pm
Four Corners is a learning, production and exhibition centre for film & photography that supports talent and participation at all levels.
Four Corners has been based in East London for over 40 years, and is well recognized for its delivery of film production and training opportunities.
We are offering a position for new entrants to creative media or people seeking to develop a career in arts administration and marketing.
The job will give an opportunity to gain an understanding and insight into a range of areas of Four Corners’ activities including training, professional development and production for the film, television and photographic sectors, gallery exhibition, and arts marketing and administration.
• An enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with a strong interest in film and photography.
• Literate and numerate
• Good IT skills including the Microsoft Office suite.
• Good communication and organisation skills
• A good knowledge of social media
• Knowledge of film, photography and the arts
To carry out the following tasks:
• To act as the initial point of call for all front of house and reception queries. To answer and respond to calls, post and emails or forward to relevant staff.
• To ensure all publicity is available and to disseminate information to members of the public where requested.
• To oversee reception area, ensuring it is organised and tidy, with relevant materials on display and available.
• To invigilate during Four Corners’ and other exhibitions, ensuring visitors are greeted and helped during their visit, and that any evaluations/visitor books are filled out where appropriate.
• To regularly update and input contact details onto the database and mailing lists.
• To provide necessary support and help to the Administrative Manager and Gallery and Admin Assistant as required.
• To provide necessary support and help for staff with mail outs, photocopying, calls, monitoring, marketing and publicity, stationery requirements, and other tasks in agreement with staff team.
• To support weekly staff meetings with note taking and distribution.
• To assist with the organisation of Four Corners’ events including the compilation of guest lists, mail outs, RSVPs, badges, bookings, catering, and other associated tasks.
• To support staff where required on specific training & professional development projects.
• To act as the first point of contact to support tenants, including studio bookings, cleaning, security, maintenance and IT issues.
• To undertake additional duties as required.
KEY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Place of work
Four Corners’ offices are at 121 Roman Road, London E2 0QN. Travel around London may be required from time to time.
Normal hours of work will be Tuesday to Friday 10.00 – 6.00.