The Gulbenkian Foundation generously supports one artist in residence for a period of 3 months in 2018 at AiR 351. Artists from all countries at any stage of practice are invited to apply. Exception: artists with a permanent residency status in Portugal are not eligible.
AiR 351 is an independent international visual arts residency program located in Cascais, Lisbon region (Portugal). AiR 351´s praxis follows a collaborative model based on solid one-to-one relationships within the art world. Its team works closely with each resident on a supportive environment, anticipating and reacting to its needs. Through institutional partnerships, AiR 351´s activities encompass a variety of contexts such as museums, universities and art schools.
The program includes access to an individual studio and to communal spaces at AiR 351´s headquarters. AiR 351 will involve the Gulbenkian Grant / AiR 351 recipient in its general activities program: integration in the local artistic community, technical and curatorial support, possibility of working within AiR 351 partners network (namely art schools workshops), studio visits, open studios and public presentations, when possible.
The Gulbenkian Grant / AiR 351 artist will receive:
– 1000 euros/month: to cover accommodation and other living expenses, plus travel support. The travel support comprises:
– 500 euros max. (Economy class, round-trip) for artists travelling from Europe.
– 1000 euros max. (Economy class, round-trip) for artists travelling from countries outside of Europe.
All applications should be written in English and must include:
– AiR 351 Application Form;
– Letter of motivation including a brief description of current practice, statement of intent and goal of the residency (500 words max.);
– Curriculum Vitae;
– Portfolio (max. 10MB total)
– Optional: letters of recommendation (3 max.)
Applications must be submitted via email to the following email address referring to the Gulbenkian Grant / AiR 351 open call:
Please visit direct link for more details.