Pier-2 Art Center is located in Taiwan’s second largest city, Kaohsiung. As a cluster of old warehouses next to Kaohsiung Harbor, Pier-2 Art Center positions itself as an artistic, diverse, experimental, creative space which is open to any kind of possibilities. During October 2017- December 2017, PAIR will host a residency for photography. At the end of residency, the selected artist will have chance to present their works via exhibitions or window art gallery at Pier 2 Art Center.
- Studio and living space
- Roundtrip economic class airline tickets or roundtrip assigned-seating Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets (proof required for reimbursement)
- A daily living allowance NT$500 per day
- Subsidy Material fees (determined based on the plan of each creation.)
- Individuals and groups that engage in photography in Taiwan and abroad may file an application
- The offer is open to local and international artists and groups, excluding student artists
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience or professional practice and must not be subject to any nationality restrictions
Residency Plan – artists are required to propose a residency plan which includes the 2 projects below:
1.Exhibit plan: Pier 2 Artist in Residency encourages artists to create a project that is related to local culture, environment, landscape, social status of Kaohsiung.
2.Workshop: There’s no specific format for holding a workshop. Artists are encouraged to hold a workshop which is related to academic exchange, educational programmes, community empowerment