Cambridge University Library
Temporary role for a Photographer in the Digital Content Unit at Cambridge University Library.
Current projects include digitisation of photographs, colour slides and b&w negatives, Royal Commonwealth Society Archives, Medieval Hebrew manuscripts.
The work would be done using existing Library facilities and equipment (mainly phase one Digital backs and phase one, DT Rcam, Canon 5d SLRs.)
Main photographic software packages used in the studio: Capture One, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Digitises library materials, including manuscripts and rare books
- Organises material for capture
- Sets up and calibrates equipment
- Captures images, within agreed timeframes display and colour compliance standards.
- Performs quality control checks on images according to guidelines.
- Carries out post-processing of images, including cropping, stitching, colour corrections, etc.
- Names digital files and creates further metadata as required.
- Uploads images to the Library’s storage systems.
The role would be for two months in the first instance, and there is potential flexibility regarding part-time/full-time arrangement, so please state your availability when applying. Apply ASAP.
To apply, in the first instance please email your CV to Lisa Chadwick, UCA Digital Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org who will forward application to Cambridge.