Adaptations is a practice development award of £2000 for artists to trial new ways of working. Artists apply with an idea to make their practice more economically sustainable.
This might include finding new ways to earn money from your practice or developing ways to make money indirectly that also feeds your practice creatively. The important thing is that the award is intended to support new approaches to sustaining your career as an artist.
Two awards of £2000 will be made. The selected artists will work alongside a researcher, acting as an informal mentor and critical friend, to help develop their ideas and produce insight for Artquest. We share what we learn about how artists might work more sustainably with other artists.
Wednesday 14 December 2022, 7 – 8.30pm: Online talk on Adaptations application award and process
10am Monday 16 January 2023: deadline for applications
- Week commencing 23 January: shortlisting completed
- 13 February: shortlisted applicants contacted for interview
- Week commencing 27 February: interviews take place (on Zoom)
- 6 March: all applicants informed of results
- 24 May: contact time with researcher begins
For more details, for registration for online talk – please go to the direct link.