Delfina Foundation is happy to announce a partnership with Gaia Art Foundation, to offer a twelve-week residency to an artist living and working in Eastern Europe, preferably a citizen of one of its countries.
In April 2017 Delfina Foundation launched a new thematic programme Collecting as Practice, and applications relating to this theme are strongly preferred. The residency period is 8 January to 30 March 2018.
During the residency, Delfina Foundation will develop a structured series of events and activities enabling residents to:
• Research and develop areas of interest
• Develop skills via training and mentoring
• Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops
• Participate in both internal and external/public events
Typical participants will include early to mid career practitioners.
THE SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECEIVE:
• A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food and materials;
• A single bedroom at DF with shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room
• Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities
• Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK
• An Eastern European citizen, currently living and working in the region;
• Seeking an opportunity to develop your practice
• Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit your career development and in particular why an opportunity in London would be beneficial
• How you would relate to the theme Collecting as Practice
• Proficient in English
It is desirable that the applicant has an undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
Applicants are expected to submit:
• The completed application form in English
• A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
• A portfolio of recent work
• Contact details of one referee