The call for entries for the third national Jerwood/Photoworks Awards opened today. We’re on the look out for proposals from outstanding artists using new approaches to photography.
The Jerwood/Photoworks Awards support photographers, or artists using photography, to make new work and significantly develop their practice. The Awards are a collaboration between Jerwood Charitable Foundation and Photoworks, supported by Official Print Partner Spectrum Photographic. The Awards particularly seek to encourage artists and photographers exploring new approaches to photography, and/or whose practice is experimental.
- £10,000 to support the making of new work
- Access to an additional production fund of £5,000
- High-profile mentoring support from an international panel of experts for at least 12 months
- A two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Visual Arts programme at Jerwood Space (from January 2020)
- A subsequent UK joint exhibition tour
Alongside the extensive mentoring programme offered to the two Awardees, shortlisted artists will be invited to undertake mentoring with the Photoworks team of expert curators and arts professionals.