University of Western Australia – Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education, School of Design
- Salary range: Level C AUD $117,857 – $135,900 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
From January 2017 the UWA Faculty of Architecture, Landscape & Visual Arts will become the UWA School of Design – UWA Design – in recognition of the central role creativity plays in the disciplines of the School.
UWA Design offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, History of Art and Visual Arts. The School of Design is known for its distinguished faculty and alumni, which have included the architect Kerry Hill, the landscape architect Richard Weller, the art historian Ian McLean and urban designer Ruth Durack. As well as undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School supports an active research program.
The position will require the successful applicant to lead and expand the postgraduate programmes in Visual Arts.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD or equivalent experience in Visual Arts.
- Strong record of research in Visual Arts and demonstrated record of attracting research or other external funding and building research collaborations with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to develop, co-ordinate and teach units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Visual Arts and in another discipline of the School.
- Experience in developing, co-ordinating and teaching units or courses that exploit the potential of new media educational technologies.
- Ability to attract and supervise research students.