Pride Pooh are excited to announce that our 2023 edition is open! This year’s theme, The Process of Change, focuses the Do It Yourself culture within the queer community – a group that celebrates individuality and forges its own way forward, with self-sufficiency. Time and time again, using our fighting spirit, our resilience, and our love of celebration, we broaden the horizons around us. Check our Picter page for full contest details and how to enter. Are you entering this year?
There has always been a Do It Yourself culture within the queer community. This is a group that celebrates individuality and forges its own way forward, with self-sufficiency. Are there places where we are not welcome? Then we create one where we can truly be ourselves. Time and time again, using our fighting spirit, our resilience, and our love of celebration, we broaden the horizons around us. It is thanks to and through this DIY-culture that we establish our right to exist. This process, which challenges and stretches the norm, is constantly evolving. In this way, it is not just the final result which is interesting, but the path taken to get there. The change process itself reveals the current and previous developments. Photography has also always played an important role in this. Photography challenges, deepens, and broadens. It transforms and reverses normative systems. It captures with acute precision a specific moment in a movement, a process, and thus confronts. It shows us the initiators and drivers of change and their processes, both large and small. It is not always about the final result, but also about the road taken to get there and those involved along the way. Pride Photo challenges you to think openly about what constitutes end results. We invite you to share work with us that you think is important to show in public spaces.
What winners receive
- €500 for the photographer of the winning single image.
- €1000 for the photographer of the winning series.
- €150 for the other photographers whose photo(s) will be included in the Pride Photo Exhibition 2023.
- For the winners a personal portfolio review by one of the jury members.
- Being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals, photography lovers, thousands of visitors and in the media when the awarded photos are prominently displayed in the Pride Photo Exhibitions 2023, stating the award, photographers name, title and description.
- Being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals, photography lovers, when the awarded photos are (repeatedly) displayed on the website and social media platforms of Pride Photo, in which the photographer will be mentioned and where possible tagged.