Summary: We are a small, friendly food and interior photography prop house that has been supplying the creative industry for over 30 years. We are based near Kings Cross and are looking for an additional assistant to join the team. You will be dealing with a broad range of duties covering all aspects of the prop hire business.
Duties: The duties of the role in an average day would include providing refreshments, assistance and prop selection to a new or existing client. You will process new jobs on the computer system then pack the items ready for transportation. You will be dealing with telephone orders, email enquiries and organising transport whilst liaising with drivers and customers. When deliveries arrive you will check them in, unpack the items and return the props to the appropriate storage areas. Whilst doing all of this you will need to keep the work environment in a clean and safe state, completing any paperwork and filing as you go.
Throughout these duties we would expect to see a high level of customer care.
Essential qualities required:
- Customer service with experience in challenging situations.
- A common sense approach to self management.
- Responsibility of tasks and outcomes.
- Multitasking in a busy environment.
- Prioritisation of varied tasks and timescales.
- Courteous telephone manner and high levels of written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to verbally describe visual items in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Basic IT skills.
- Manual handling operations of varied loads in a warehouse environment.
- Working at heights, using access equipment.
- Creative background.
- An interest in colours, styles and trends.
- An interest in photography, textiles and design.
- A knowledge and interest in food and cookery.
This is a full time position on a permanent contract.
The salary will start at £19,000 per annum.
The normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am – 18:00pm.
You will be part of a team and report to the Manager.
Please apply with a covering letter and C.V. via the link below