Section: Secondary/Art & Photography
‘Journey to excellence’
Required for September 2016
Steyning Grammar School is a large, comprehensive school (2000+ on roll of which 500+ are in the Sixth Form) situated in the beautiful South Downs countryside, close to Brighton and the South coast. Our students are fantastic – polite, confident and eager to learn.
Ofsted (February 2013) said that we are a ‘good school’ with ‘outstanding behaviour and outstanding aspects of leadership’.
We wish to appoint an inspiring and well-qualified Art and Photography teacher from 1 September 2016. This post offers an outstanding opportunity to join a faculty that delivers across the full 11-18 age range. Applications are sought from those who would welcome this breadth of opportunity, who have the skills and experience to teach both Art and Photography up to GCSE/A Level and who are seeking to work in a successful, thriving and supportive Art Faculty.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the school forward.
- A great classroom practitioner, committed to the craft of teaching.
- Able to demonstrate excellent student progress.
- Creative, innovative and able to differentiate effectively.
- A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
- A professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
- Committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the school – our journey to excellence.
If you would relish the opportunity of working with us in our supportive and stimulating professional environment, then we would love to hear from you. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs
Closing Date: 9 am, Tuesday 26 April 2016 (Please note that we will be considering applications up until the closing date)
For further information and to apply, visit our website via the button below.
If you require additional information please contact Jenny Packham, Head’s PA, 01903 810504.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.