Fortes Education, Dubai manages all-through Schools (Regent International School & Sunmarke School), and Nurseries in (Jumeirah International Nurseries), Dubai. We are growing our network of schools and nurseries, and aspire to become one of the leading providers of education in the UAE. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence and leadership in our educational services and practices, and are committed to delivering high quality education provision to the young people and families that we serve.
Our schools provide students an academically rigorous high-impact learning programme, which is supported by a broad and balanced range of learning opportunities in and out of the classroom that nurture the multiple intelligences. Our curriculum is further enriched through the integration of a holistic “Education in Human Values” (EHV) program, which develops character emotional and spiritual intelligence. We aspire to maximise academic achievement, nurture our children to become independent learners, confident, responsible young adults who have the necessary qualifications, skills and values to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Sunmarke School is our new state-of-the-art flag-ship school having an overall capacity of ~ 3,000 students. Situated at a prime location in Jumeirah village triangle, Sunmarke will open its doors in September 2016, and will welcome students from EYFS to Year 13. Sunmarke will offer the National Curriculum for England, followed by GCSE / IGCSE at Key Stage 4, and the A’Level programme of study at 6th Form.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through (3-18) school at its inception and to play an important part in our journey to outstanding.
It is said that education is what you remember when you leave school and this is a result of inspirational teaching that create learning experiences that last a lifetime.
Teaching at a Fortes School represents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join an already successful group.
It would suit an experienced teacher who is looking to continue a successful career pathway. We are looking for certain qualities:
- Skilled in the best global educational practices
- Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
- Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole-child
- Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
- Outstanding role models who embody our core values
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom
- Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
- Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to wider campus life
- Strong academic back-ground, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient and experienced at delivering an enriched UK National Curriculum.
- This opportunity will include teaching Key Stages 2 & 3, GCSE / IGCSE and A’Level. The successful candidate will lead the dynamic and successful Art Department in the school’s spacious modern Art and Design studios.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified holding as a minimum, a B.ED or a B.A & PGCE / PGDE and QTS. We welcome candidates looking to broaden their experience, recently qualified teachers or completely new entrants to this profession
Aspiring or current Middle Leaders are encouraged to apply for Middle Leadership (i.e. Year Group / Pastoral / Faculty Leader; Subject Leader / Head of Department; Assistant Head; Head of 6th Form; Exams Officer etc). When applying please indicate your:
- Specialism in a Subject Area;
- Past MLT experience
- Excellent tax-free salary
- Furnished Accommodation
- Baggage Allowance
- Medical Insurance for self
- Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
- State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
- An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development
Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, then get in touch. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting via the link below
Interviews will be held via SKYPE and/or at a venue in Dubai or the UK
Application Closing Date 31st March, 2016
Appointment Start Date Mid-Aug 2016