A 9 month opportunity for a transformational Visitor Experience Manager (to cover maternity leave until 18th Sept 2016), who will lead the delivery and development of an outstanding visitor experience across all departments at the Lacock. This will include managing a number of exciting projects that will enable a broad range of visitors to have experiences that will move, teach and inspire.
If you are creative, considered and have a great understanding of developing much loved visitor experiences and delivering these through inspiring others, then we would love to hear from you.
What it’s like to work at Lacock
Over 176,000 visitors flock to this quirky 13th century abbey to enjoy the museum dedicated to photographic pioneer William Henry Fox Talbot. Outdoor theatre, photography exhibitions and family trails are among the innovative events run by the 40 staff members and local volunteers, making for a lively and fun visitor experience. It’s likely you will need your own transport to get here, however this is a great opportunity to join a welcoming team and contribute to an exciting programme of events.
For more information about our property please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lacock
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for the strategic planning and day to day management of the visitor experience at Lacock. This will involve regularly reviewing the quality and value of our offer to ensure a broad range of visitors receive outstanding and inspirational experiences.
You’ll be leading a sizeable team of staff and volunteers which look after marketing, engagement with schools and colleges, volunteer management, the house team and the facilities team. Your role will be to lead by example and ensure a culture of exceptional service is championed where each visitor experiences a consistent quality and warm welcome with access to Lacock’s incredible stories that move, teach and inspire.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring and achieving stretching targets whilst operating tight budget control and putting conservation at the heart of everything you do. Care and conservation is central to the Trust, and you will build on opportunities to connect visitor experiences with conservation across our properties and enhance our spirit of place.
You’ll like being busy – we have a lot going on and you’ll be at the forefront of leading some exciting transformation projects that will deliver a refreshing and engaging programme for our visitors.
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll be required to work regular monthly weekends and Bank Holidays.
Who we are looking for
As the Visitor Experience Manager, you will have experience leading people and have been responsible for a visitor-focused operation previously. You’ll love being a positive role model and are naturally able to inspire people to deliver exceptional customer service, to exceed targets and understand how this funds our cause. So, you’ll be;
- Inspiring and great with people
- Enjoy working with and supervising a team and unafraid to give direction and feedback
- Target/ Sales driven
- Customer aware and take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Able to bring new ideas to life
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV;
- Experience coaching, developing and supervising teams – rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Experience working in a visitor focused operation and working on interpretation of a place (ideally within heritage or visitor attraction)
- Delivery of projects/ Project Management experience
- Customer service/ sales focused where you have worked towards delivering targets – customer satisfaction/ financial
- Confident with using IT t systems Marketing and promotion
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation (including disability, discrimination, equal opportunities, health and safety etc), that’s even better
We believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget. It’s about believing in what you do, sharing not telling, inspiring others to feel as passionate as you and creating lasting memories.